Take your deck, sort through it and put it into order… it’s a personal choice, so work with a system that feels right for you.
Once all in order, place the cards face down and spread the deck out in a straight line.
Next, take a few minutes to sit quietly and focus on your breath and allow it to fall into your own natural rhythm, then when you feel ready, call upon Tiamat and ask for her help. The words that came to me were:
Tiamat, help me to delve into my deepest feelings and discover the secrets that I keep secret from myself.
Using both hands, swirl the deck around and around. Imagine it spiraling into chaos… Do this for as long as you like, then in your own time, start to move the cards to sweep out into 5 waves…
From each wave, pull one card at will, in any order, as each wave catches your eye. When you have 5 cards, place them in a row, again in any order that feels to be right, then number them from left to right as 1 to 5 and use them to contemplate the following questions:
- How can I become more aware of the strength, depth, height and potential of my ideas?
- How can I experiment and explore my creativity with wisdom and humour?
- How can I use my imagination to bring ideas from deep dark places into a place of light?
- Where can I find vibrant partnerships to share my ideas and creations?
- Where are my blind spots? What can’t I see when my thoughts are churning?
Now take all of your thoughts and answers and turn them to one final question:
How do I best ride the waves of my creativity?
To read this in full and more great articles by a host of talented people,
check out Soul Path Magazine
It’s a massive 56 pages this month …